Come and enjoy making this delightful triangular based pyramid box with Mary Gamester which can be used as a trinket, gift box or as an ornament.
A hand-stitched project using traditional techniques to make a covered box with circles of fabric wrapped around triangles of card and decoratively stitched in place.
No experience of patchwork and quilting is necessary, just basic sewing skills.
- cereal packets, pencil and paper cutting scissors, Pritt stick
- fabric – two pieces measuring 8″ x 12″
- some very thin wadding or brushed cotton (any colour, to cover the triangles under the fabric – even odd scraps will do provided they are no smaller than 5 1/2 inches square)
- sewing kit
- polyester sewing thread – any colour as it will not show
- stranded embroidery threads – in contrast to the fabric
NB – Most of these items are available in the Workaid shop.