We’ve put in place a new process for receiving and handling donations and for everyone’s safety:
- you need to make an appointment to donate tools – information can be found click here
- preferably only one person donating at a time – your patience is appreciated if asked to wait outside
- follow directions of the volunteers who will help unload items whilst respecting social distancing
- review our accepted/refused items list below before donating to help make the process much quicker
- all items will be quarantined before they are processed
We would appreciate items that are in working order and in good condition. For up-to-date information on the tools that we can and can’t currently accept here.
We can only accept donations at the main location in Chesham, and not at our Area Collectors just yet. Unfortunately we are unable to collect.
We’ve worked hard putting several necessary precautions in place to ensure that you can shop safety here at Workaid to protect you and our volunteers. For everyone’s safety:
- we are limiting customers in the shop – your patience is appreciated if asked to wait outside
- if you shop with others make sure they are from your household and/or bubble
- sanitise your hands before entering the shop – this is provided
- we require customers to wear masks while shopping unless exempt
- use the NHS Test & Trace App to check-in
- follow directional arrows and maintain social distancing at all times
- shop with a purpose if possible
Parking will be suspended in front of the shop
- limited spaces will be available behind the Old Boot Factory – follow signs to the main gate
Donations are vital to us, however, they cannot be made in the shop and you must book an appointment online to donate – click here for more information.
The safety of our staff, volunteers, customers and anyone visiting our site is of the utmost importance to us. We have had to adapt the way we work by putting in many new safety protocols and precautions including:
- take the temperature of everyone upon arrival
- shared areas and frequent touchpoints cleaned before each shift
- one-way system when moving around the workshop and Workaid Shop
- sanitising stations and protective screens throughout the site
- face coverings worn when moving throughout the site (unless exempt) and removed at individual workstations if protected by screens
- online rota system to manage shift patterns and maintain a safe number of people on site at any one time
- follow strict guidelines if people need to self-isolate, report symptoms of the virus or test positive
- always adhere to social distancing
- all donations are quarantined for 5 days
We regularly review our response to COVID-19 so it follows current Government advice and guidelines.