Our Response to COVID-19
We are accepting donations at The Old Boot Factory Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm with limited coverage during 12:30pm and 1:30pm, however, we’ll only have a limited number of volunteers available. This may be subject to change so please call 01494 775220, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or check our Facebook page for updates.
We’ve put in place a new process for receiving and handling donations and for everyone’s safety:
- preferably only one person donating at a time – your patience is appreciated if asked to wait outside
- follow directions of the volunteers who will help unload items whilst respecting social distancing
- review our accepted/refused items list below before donating to help make the process much quicker
- all items will be quarantined before they are processed
We would appreciate items that are in working order and in good condition. For up to date information on the tools that we can and can’t currently accept check here.
We can only accept donations at the main location in Chesham, and not at our Area Collectors just yet. Unfortunately we are unable to collect.
Our offices, workshop and The Workaid Shop are all COVID Secure.
We’ve worked hard putting several necessary precautions in place to ensure that you can shop safety here at Workaid to protect you and our volunteers. For everyone’s safety:
- we are limiting customers in the shop – your patience is appreciated if asked to wait outside
- if you shop with others make sure they are from your household and/or bubble
- sanitise your hands before entering the shop – this is provided
- we require customers to wear masks while shopping unless exempt
- please use the NHS Test & Trace App to check-in
- follow directional arrows and maintain social distancing at all times
- shop with a purpose if possible
- limited spaces will be available behind the Old Boot Factory – follow signs to the main gate
Workaid is register with the NHS Trace and Trace programme