AND MAKE NEW FRIENDSHIPS
How you can help
We’re recruiting for a paid Site Manager – See Resources for full details!
Workaid is fortunate to have a strong contingent of over 200 volunteers in our Chesham workshop, as well as Local Organisers around the country, who collect tools in their area. We always need more volunteers to join our friendly teams in the workshop, office or shop. All you require is enthusiasm.
We believe everyone has something to give, and volunteering is a wonderful opportunity to work together and learn new skills. Giving your time can open up a whole new world to you, while benefiting someone else via the projects we support.
To expand our work we are urgently looking for the following volunteers. Please click on the link and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to apply. We will then show you around Workaid, discuss hours and answer questions:
- a volunteer position to help promote Workaid.
- a volunteer position ensuring the speedy and efficient despatch of items sold online eg eBay
- a volunteer position ensuring accurate listings and the efficient running of Workaid’s eBay account
- selling tools, haberdashery and horticultural tools
- working behind the scenes to stock the shop
Container Loading and Recycling Volunteer
- To work as part of a team on Fridays, flexible hours
- Fit and healthy, willing to work outside
- Self motivated, attention to detail
- Adaptable, manual dexterity, ability to lift loads
- Safety/environment conscious, good communication skills
- Prepared to drive a transit van (though not essential)
Servicing Petrol or Electrical Items
- a volunteer position servicing lawnmowers, hedge cutters and other items for sale. Some experience would be useful.
Volunteers are needed in our Chesham Head Office, workshops and shop
Area Organisers around the UK collect donated tools locally. Our van driver volunteers then visit each Area Organiser and transport the tools to our Chesham workshop. Here teams of volunteers refurbish and pack the tools in shipping containers ready for transportation to the projects who have requested them.
In our office volunteers process the project requests, manage the paperwork necessary for shipping regulations and administer the processes necessary to run a thriving organisation.
We are currently looking for help with publicity, fundraising, website and social media in particular.
Volunteer with Workaid
Workaid has volunteers from all walks of life and of all ages. Whether you are retired, at school or college, taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh Award, a corporate body, have a disability or are a youth offender we would really value your skills. No specialist knowledge is required there is something for everyone and we always stop for tea and coffee breaks!
Only 25 Bucks charities have ever been awarded the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
A volunteer wrote:
“I first came to Workaid in early 2008. I had experienced a long period of unemployment and social isolation, which meant that, as well as lacking many of the practical skills needed to find work, I also found social interaction very difficult and daunting. I was immediately struck by the relaxed, friendly and supportive atmosphere I found there, and I was grateful to receive a very gentle introduction to the work, doing just one afternoon a week in the workshop.
I am immensely grateful to Workaid as I believe that without the support and the learning opportunities I found there, I would not have been able to achieve my present position in paid employment.”