Our Supported Workshop
The Hub was established in 2012 as our workshop to provide unique opportunities for people with mild to moderate learning support needs. This is managed by an experienced coordinator responsible for planning activities tailored to each individual.
The tasks are similar to those in the main workshop which may include;
- Cleaning and refurbishing hand tools
- Sorting and packaging haberdashery, crafts and wool
- General administrative tasks
- Supporting our recycling efforts
Attendees learn valuable life lessons and skills, such as perseverance, patience and teamwork by participating in meaningful tasks and seeing them through to completion. We also make sure to take time away from workshop duties to allow everyone to express themselves creatively through various arts and crafts projects.
The Hub is a safe and secure environment for participants to get involved in and feel a sense of purpose and value for their contribution. It helps them make the steps towards employment or voluntary work and creates a supportive environment for them to develop friendships.
If you are interested in being part of The Hub, please Contact Us for more information.
Benefits of being part of The Hub
- Working as part of a team
- Increasing confidence and life skills
- Empowering independence
- Building communication and social skills
- Improving literacy and numeracy
- Developing a sense of pride